Student Accident Insurance
Dear Parents/ Guardians:
The Avonworth School District does not carry medical insurance for students but has arranged to offer student accident insurance at the parent/guardian’s expense. The United States Fire Insurance Company has been authorized to provide parents/guardians with the option to purchase K-12 Voluntary Student Accident Insurance coverage. There are two coverage options available for purchase.
School Time Coverage: $22.50 yearly premium
24-Hour Coverage: $90.00 yearly premium
You can view and download the Voluntary Student Accident Brochure and Application here. If you cannot access the online application, please contact your building secretary, and an application can be mailed to you.
If you wish to have your child insured, please complete the information requested on the application and mail it to:
A-G Administrators LLC
PO Box 824936
Lock Box #824936
Philadelphia, PA 19182-4936.
Jeffrey M. Hadley, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
- K‐12 Accident Insurance
- Choose Your Coverage Plan
- Description of Benefits
- Policy Exclusions
- How to Enroll
- Period of Coverage
- Questions and Answers
- How to File a Claim
- Important Note
Unexpected Accidents Can Happen
The brochure explains how you can help guard against certain unexpected events. Our plans are designed to help supplement any insurance you have by satisfying deductibles or co‐insurance requirements, or limiting the possible financial impacts of an injury if you have no other insurance. Remember that the more active your child is, the more valuable this coverage can be.
24‐Hour Coverage (Accident Only)
This plan provides around the clock coverage to your child 24‐hours a day, while he or she is in school, at home or away. Coverage is provided from the effective date of the insured student’s coverage for which premium has been received by A‐G to the opening of the next school term. Excludes all interscholastic sports. ($90.00)
School Time Coverage (Accident Only)
This plan provides coverage to your child while he or she is on school premises, during school hours/days, attending school sponsored and supervised activities including travel directly without interruption between the student’s residence and school/activity with transportation furnished by the school. Coverage is provided from the effective date of the insured student’s coverage for which premium has been received by A‐G to the end of the regular school term.
Excludes all interscholastic sports. ($22.50)
|Benefit||24 Hour Coverage/School Time Coverage|
|Benefits provided for all enrolled students of the Policyholder excluding interscholastic sports for whom premium is paid.|
|Maximum Benefit:||$250,000; $15,000 payable as shown
below, excess of $15,000 payable at 100%
Usual, Reasonable and Customary Charges
|Benefit Period:||52 Weeks|
|Daily Room & Board: Semi Private Room||$300 per day|
|Miscellaneous Hospital Services: During hospital confinement||$3,000|
|Intensive Care: When confined to a Hospital Intensive Care Unit||$700 per day, not to exceed 10 days|
|Emergency Room Charges: When hospital confinement is not required||$400 Maximum|
|Emergency Room Charges: If out‐patient surgery is required, the maximum is increased to (The benefits are payable in addition to the X‐rays and surgeon's services shown below.)||$1,500 Maximum|
|Surgery: including pre‐ and post‐operative care*||$170 Unit Value|
|Anesthesia:||40% of the Surgery Benefit Paid|
|Assistant Surgeon:||40% of the Surgery Benefit Paid|
|Doctor’s Visit: other than for Physiotherapy or similar treatment not payable in addition to Surgery Benefit||100% UCR|
|Non‐Surgical doctor’s charges in the emergency room||$70 per visit|
|Second Surgical Opinion, Consultation and Specialists||$150 aggregate benefit|
|Laboratory and X‐Ray Services|
|(Other than Dental and including fee for interpretation and/or reading of X‐rays.)*||$20 Unit Value|
|Lab and X‐Ray: (when no fracture is demonstrated)||$400 Maximum|
|Physiotherapy or similar treatment: including Diatherm, Ultrasonic, Microtherm, Manipulation, Massage and Heat||$50/Treatment
Maximum of $500
|Registered Nurse:||100% UCR|
|Ambulance Transportation: (Ground Only)||$300 Maximum|
|Orthopedic Appliances: When ordered by attending physician||$500 Maximum|
|Out‐Patient Drugs and Medication: Administered in Doctor's office or by prescription||100% UCR|
|Dental (including X‐rays): For treatment, repair or replacement of each injured tooth which was sound and natural at the time of injury||$200 per tooth|
|Eyeglasses, Contact Lenses: Replacement of broken glasses and/or frames, contact lenses, resulting from a covered injury||$100 maximum|
|Accidental Death Benefit||$2,500|
|Accidental Dismemberment, Loss of Sight||$20,000|
|* In accordance with the 1974 Revised California Relative Values Studies, 5th Addition, using a conversation factor.|
Benefits will not be paid for a Covered Person's loss which:
(1) Is caused by or results from the Covered Person’s own:
(a) Intentionally self‐inflicted Injury, suicide or any attempt thereat. (In Missouri this applies only while sane.);
(b) Voluntary self‐administration of any drug or chemical substance not prescribed by, and taken according to the
directions of, a doctor (Accidental ingestion of a poisonous substance is not excluded.);
(c) Commission or attempt to commit a felony;
(d) Participation in a riot or insurrection;
(e) Driving under the influence of a controlled substance unless administered on the advice of a doctor; or
(f) Driving while Intoxicated. “Intoxicated” will have the meaning determined by the laws in the jurisdiction of the
geographical area where the loss occurs;
(2) Is caused by or results from:
(a) Declared or undeclared war or act of war;
(b) An Accident which occurs while the Covered Person is on active duty service in any Armed Forces. (Reserve or
National Guard active duty for training is not excluded unless it extends beyond 31 days.);
(c) Aviation, except as specifically provided in this Certificate;
(d) Sickness, disease, bodily or mental infirmity or medical or surgical treatment thereof, bacterial or viral infection,
regardless of how contracted. This does not include bacterial infection that is the natural and foreseeable result of
an accidental external bodily injury or accidental food poisoning.
(e) Nuclear reaction or the release of nuclear energy. However, this exclusion will not apply if the loss is sustained
within 180 days of the initial incident and:
(i) The loss was caused by fire, heat, explosion or other physical trauma which was a result of the release of
nuclear energy; and
(ii) The Covered Person was within a 25‐mile radius of the site of the release either:
1) At the time of the release; or
2) Within 24 hours of the start of the release.
Benefits will not be paid for:
1. Normal health check ups
2. Dental care or treatment other than care of sound, natural teeth and gums required on account of Injury resulting
from an Accident while the Covered Person is covered under this Certificate, and rendered within 6 months of the
3. Services or treatment rendered by a doctor, nurse or any other person who is:
a. Employed or retained by the Certificateholder; or
b. Who is the Covered Person or a member of his immediate family;
4. Charges which:
a. The Covered Person would not have to pay if he did not have insurance; or
b. Are in excess of Usual, Reasonable and Customary charges.
5. An Injury that is caused by flight in:
a. An aircraft, except as a fare‐paying passenger;
b. A space craft or any craft designed for navigation above or beyond the earth's atmosphere; or
c. An ultra light, hang‐gliding, parachuting or bungi‐cord jumping;
6. Travel in or upon:
a. A snowmobile;
b. Any two or three wheeled motor vehicle;
c. Any off‐road motorized vehicle not requiring licensing as a motor vehicle;
7. Any Accident where the Covered Person is the operator of a motor vehicle and does not possess a current and valid
motor vehicle operator's license;
8. That part of medical expense payable by any automobile insurance policy without regard to fault. (Does not apply
in any state where prohibited);
9. Injury that is: a. The result of the Covered Person being Intoxicated. (“Intoxicated” will have the meaning
determined by the laws in the jurisdiction of the geographical area where the loss occurs); or
a. Caused by any narcotic, drug, poison, gas or fumes voluntarily taken, administered, absorbed or inhaled,
unless prescribed by a doctor;
10. Any sickness, except infection which occurs directly from an Accidental cut or wound or diagnostic tests or
treatment, or ingestion of contaminated food;
11. An Injury resulting from participation in or practice for non‐School sponsored skiing, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer or
12. Practice or play in any sports activity, including travel to and from the activity and practice, unless specifically
provided for in this Certificate;
13. Expenses to the extent that they are paid or payable under other valid and collectible group insurance or medical
14. Blood or Blood plasma, except for charges by a Hospital for the processing or administration of blood;
15. Elective treatment or surgery, health treatment, or examination where no Injury is involved;
16. Injury sustained while in the service of the armed forces of any country. When the Covered Person enters the
armed forces of any country, we will refund the unearned pro rata premium upon request;
17. Eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, braces, appliances, or examinations or prescriptions therefore;
18. Treatment in any Veterans Administration or Federal Hospital, except if there is a legal obligation to pay;
19. Treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders involving the installation of crowns, pontics, bridges or
abutments, or the installation, maintenance or removal of orthodontic or occlusal appliances or equilibration
20. Cosmetic surgery, except for reconstructive surgery on a diseased or injured part of the body;
21. Any loss which is covered by state or federal worker's compensation, employers liability, occupational disease law, or similar laws;
22. The repair or replacement of existing artificial limbs, orthopedic braces, or orthotic devices;
23. The repair or replacement of existing dentures, partial dentures, braces or fixed or removable bridges;
24. Services and supplies furnished by a Student Infirmary, its employees, or doctors who work for the School;
25. Expenses incurred for an Accident after the Benefit Period shown in the Schedule of Benefits; or
26. Hernia of any kind; or any bacterial infection that was not caused by an Accidental cut or wound.
27. Rest cures or custodial care;
28. Prescription medicines unless specifically provided for under the Certificate:
29. Orthopedic appliances which are used mainly to protect an Injury so that a covered student can take part in
interscholastic or intercollegiate sports;
- Determine which plan of coverage you would like to enroll your child in ‐ 24 Hour Coverage or School Time Coverage
- Fill out the application using the link at the top of this page, enclose a check or money order in an envelope payable to the Company for the correct amount and mail to A-G Administrators LLC PO Box 824936, Lock Box # 824936 Philadelphia, PA 19182-4936
- Make Checks Payable to UNITED STATES FIRE INSURANCE COMPANY c/o A‐G, Administrators LLC
- Return by mail to A‐G Administrators LLC. Your cancelled check or money order stub will be your receipt and confirmation of payment. Please write student’s name and school name on your check).
Persons applying for coverage shall be covered as of the date premium receipt, but in no event prior to the opening of school activities. Coverage ends at the close of the regular school term, except under 24‐Hour Coverage, which continues until school reopens for the fall term. You may enroll at any time, but premiums will not be prorated.
Q. Is this Policy primary or secondary coverage?
A. This policy is Primary – meaning A‐G will pay valid medical expenses payable without regard to any other valid and collectible insurance plan.
Q. May we purchase the policy at any time during the year?
A. Yes, coverage may be purchased at any point in time during the school year for your child. However, there is no pro‐rating of premium for enrollment that occurs after the policy effective date. The earlier you enroll the more your child will maximize their coverage.
Q. Will this policy pay if our other insurance has a deductible?
A. Yes, benefits are paid without regard to other insurance.
1. Obtain an accident claim form through your school office or A‐G Administrators LLC. Please answer all
questions and provide all necessary signatures.
2. Attach all itemized bill(s) and any explanation of benefits to the claim form and mail or fax to the
Administrator’s Address indicated on the claim form.
3. Claims for benefits must be filed within 90 days from the date of accident. Only one claim
form is needed per accident.
This brochure is a summary of the insurance plan as specified in the policy form (BA-50000P-
USF) on file with the School. This brochure is subject to the terms and conditions of the
Policy, which contains all benefits, limitations and exclusions as underwritten by United
States Fire Insurance Company. This coverage may not be available in all states and Policy
terms and conditions may vary by state. In the event of a discrepancy, the Policy with prevail.