The Avonworth School District makes every attempt to work with the
local, national, and international media to provide them with requested
information. In order to make the media relations process work smoothly
for everyone, we ask that our media representatives honor the following
- Media representatives are asked to phone or email the Assistant Superintendent, Dr. Jeff Hadley, when they are interested in an interview, obtaining photographs, or requesting information.
- Document information requests must go through the Right-to-Know Officer, Mr. Brad Waters.
- All interview requests must go through the Director of Communications and Public Relations.
- The District DOES NOT permit student or staff interviews on its property unless otherwise authorized.
- Students being photographed must have prior parent permission before photographs or video can be taken in our schools.
- When visiting any of our facilities, media are asked to report to
the office and secure a Visitor ID Badge. All visitors are required to
present a valid photo ID before entering our facilities.
- During any major crisis in our schools, a media center will be
commissioned and media will be instructed on the location of this center
via this web site.