While our schools remain closed and social distancing guidelines are in place, the Avonworth School Board will be conducing virtual School Board meetings. These virtual meetings will remain open to the public; however, the public will need to register and attend the meetings virtually. The public will also be able to make comments during the meetings at the appropriate times. Guidance regarding how and when to make public comments will be provided during the meetings.
A Q & A has been provided below to address questions you may have about registering for and attending our virtual School Board meetings.
Please use the link below to access a google forom to register your attendane for the virtual Athletic Committee Meeting on 6/1/2020 at 6:30 PM.
Please use the link below to access a google form to register your attendance for the virtual School Board Work Session on 6/1/2020 at 7:30 PM.
Please note that there will be a Public Budget Hearing at 7:30 PM regarding the 2020-2021 School District Budget. The School Board Work Session will immediately follow the Public Budget Hearing.
Please use the link below to access a google form to register your attendance for the virtual School Board Meeting on 6/8/2020 at 7:30 PM.
What should I know about attending a virtual School Board meeting?
- Although many of us have experience running or attending virtual meetings, this will be a new venture for all of us with regard to holding our School Board meetings virtually. Therefore, we ask for your patience during a virtual School Board meeting as there will be procedures followed to keep these meetings running smoothly and efficiently.
- Measures are being taken by the District to keep our virtual Board meetings safe and secure.
- To attend a virtual meeting, you must register using the google form links provided.
- Upon entering a meeting, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room. A meeting monitor will manually allow you to enter the actual meeting. Although this wait will be minimal, please be patient.
- Upon entering a virtual Board meeting, all participants will be "muted." This means that you will not be able to heard if you wish to speak. However, at the appropriate times, the public will be prompted to make public comments if they wish and guidance will be provided regarding how to do so. A meeting monitor will "unmute" you for your public comment and "mute" you when finished.
Do I need to register to attend a virtual School Board meeting?
- Yes. The District and Board of Directors will be utilizing Zoom to conduct virtual School Board meetings. To receive the Zoom link and password for access to a virtual Board meeting, you will need to use the google form links provided to register your intended attendance at a virtual Board meeting.
Will I need to download anything to ensure I can attend a Zoom meeting?
- If you do not already have Zoom on your device, you may need to download Zoom. Please click HERE to access the Zoom download center for more information.
After I register, how will I access the virtual Board meeting?
- All individuals that register for a virtual Board meeting will receive an email 30-minutes prior to the start of the meeting. That email will include the Zoom invitation information to access the meeting. You will need to Zoom Meeting link provided in the invitation, as well as the password. After clicking on the Zoom meeting link, you will be prompted to enter the meeting password. You will be placed in a virtual waiting room at this point. Please be patient while you are manually entered into the actual virtual meeting room where the meeting will take place.
What if I register to attend a virtual Board meeting after the 30-minute window prior to the beginning of the meeting?
- After the 30-minute window prior to the start of any virtual Board meeting, the google registration form for that meeting will continue to be monitored. The google registration form will also be monitored as long as the meeting is still in session. If an individual registers to attend a meeting during the 30-minute window prior to the meeting or during a meeting that is in session, they will receive an email with the Zoom link and password needed to join the meeting. Please be patient if you register during either of these times. The email will be sent to you as soon as possible.
Will the public attending a virtual Board meeting be able to make public comment?
- Yes. At the beginning of a virtual Board meeting and at points where the public is invited to make a comment, verbal guidance will be provided regarding how to make a comment. We ask that those in attendance wishing to make a comment remain patient as you will be "unmuted" manually and invited to make your comment. Once your comment is made, you will be "muted" and others that wish to make a comment will be invited to do so.
- As a reminder, individuals attending a Board meeting must be residents of the Avonworth School District community in order to make public comment during a Board meeting.
Will I have access to the agenda for the virtual Board meetings?
- Yes. The agenda for a virtual Board meeting will be attached to the Zoom meeting invite that is emailed to you after registering your attendance for the meeting. Also, Board agendas are always posted on our District's website. Lastly, the Board intends to make the agenda visible during the Zoom meetings via the Zoom meeting application.